whatever happened to body glitter? what ever happened to body glitter? why are we so afraid to shine
i hope all will be well
What I Mean When I Say I’m Sex Negative
- that sex positive feminism has little room for survivors of assault
- that sex positive feminism has little interest in helping people who don’t want their sex-life to be a coping mechanism from trauma
- that sex positive feminism prioritizes individual pleasure over critical thinking skills
- that sex positive feminism should be critiqued!
- that not all “kinks” are okay
- that people are allowed to not be interested in hearing about your sex life
- that people are allowed to not enjoy sex
- that people are allowed to be scared of sex
- that no one needs to have or enjoy sex to prove how empowered they are
What I Don’t Mean
- I’m going to yell at individual adults who have consensual sex.
- I’m anti-sex
- I’m anti-kink
- I’m against coping mechanisms and survival
To add a few of my own as a sex negative sex worker:
- that sex positive feminism tends to glorify sex work and in doing so silences sex workers when we speak out about the problems with sex work that sex posi feminists don’t talk about
- sex posi feminism perpetuates seemingly good stereotypes about sex work but ends up harming sex workers
- sex posi feminism prioritizes aspects of sex work that are supposed to be the “better” parts of it without understanding outside oppressive forces (see: having orgasms at work is great!)
- sex posi feminism tends to ignore outside oppressive forces in general like racism, transphobia, classism, etc.
is bullshit advice.
My bigness is not determined by my capacity to quietly absorb bullying, degradation, or abuse.
follow me on instagram if u want, @dirt1997
and send me ur instagrams!?